Thursday, May 19, 2011

The choice to be creative

Answering life's opportunities with creativity instead of habit is a choice.  Even people who are persistently creative in one area of their lives (for example, in a hobby or in their work) need to make the conscious choice to be creative in other aspects, such as relationships, career decisions, or community.

That choice is the reason I insist on using the world "active" next to "creativity".  When (instead of acting on reflex) a person weighs options, prioritizes, decides, and commits to a choice, they are already being more creative.

I can speak for myself: the choice to actively seek creative solutions is life-changing.  I have been stunned by the difference a moment of creativity can make to my path.  Pausing, considering, exploring, perceiving, opening my mind to new ideas--all of these have saved my spirit, in addition to making a real-world difference. 

I urge you to choose hope and creativity!  In my opinion, there's no better way.

No comments:

Post a Comment